Call for applications – Youth Cooperation Initiative 2018
ABOUT THE YOUTH COOPERATION INITIATIVE
Do you have a brilliant idea? Do you want to implement a project together with other young activists from another country? Join the Youth Cooperation Initiative, which creates a possibility for youth from different countries to realize ideas together. Read more in the Youth Cooperataion Initiative handbook.
- The project should cover any of the following themes: sustainability, youth perspective, non-discrimination, leadership, organisational development or advocacy;
- The implementers should be two youth NGOs and/or NGOs with organized youth groups, from two different countries (one from a country on the DAC-list);
- The applying organisation should be a member organization of LSU (Sweden) or a member organisation of LSU’s partners, YETT (Zimbabwe), YAK (Kenya), GOFor (Turkey), RADA (Belarus) or NYC (Myanmar);
- The majority of the project group should be younger than 30 years old;
- The project should be implemented between the 1st of June 2018 and the 1st of November 2018;
- LSU will grant project budgets between 10.000 SEK and 60.000 SEK. We can only accept budgets that cover costs directly linked to project activities. In the evaluation of your application and your budget we will take into account the quality and expected outcomes of the activities as well as the level of costs in the respective countries and the cost efficiency (be aware that not all applications will be granted the maximum budget so please consider if your application is truly cost efficient before applying);
- Note! If you are planning to conduct a project with an LSU member organisation, no money will/can not be sent to the LSU member organisation. You can budget for a project together with an LSU member organisation (but you have to cover all cost for the Swedish organisation). The agreement will therefore only be signed by a member organisation of either YAK, YETT, YAP, GOfor, RADA and NYC.
- We reward projects where both organisations are associated with either YAK, YAP, RADA, GOFor, YETT, NYC or LSU;
- We honour projects where there is a clear plan for how the cooperation can continue after the completion of the project;
- Within the theme advocacy, we honour projects that focus on the rights of youth in elections and shrinking civic space of youth organizations.
How to apply?
The application form together with a Letter of Intent (signed by each of the organizations’ signatories) should be sent to Tania Braimok firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the 16th of March 2018.
The decision regarding which projects that will receive funding, will be communicated in April 2018.
The implementation period is between the 1st of June 2018 and 1st of November 2018. (If agreed with LSU, it is possible to start the implementation period in May).
The project should be reported before the 1st of December 2018.
Download the application form for word here: Application-form-for-YCI-2018
WANT TO READ ABOUT PREVIOUS YCI PROJECTS?
Click on the names of the projects below:
PROJECTS DURING 2015:
PROJECTS DURING 2016: