RADA and Lawtrend prepared a brief analytical review of the situation and conditions of young people after the events of August 2020
The team of the Belarusian National Youth Council RADA and experts of the human rights organisation Lawtrend have prepared a brief analytical review of the situation and condition of youth and youth NGOs in Belarus after the events of August 2020.
The document provides information and general characteristics of youth and youth NGOs in the Republic of Belarus in recent years, as well as information on how the events of August 2020 in Belarus have affected the youth sector.
The main focus areas of the review were as follows:
- General overview and quantitative indicators of the Strategy of development of the state youth policy in Belarus, which is being developed until the events of August 2020;
- Main trends and statistics of organizations forced to decide on “self-liquidation”;
- Issues and practices of deregistration of youth organizations, and their planned character, after August 2020 in Belarus;
- Cases and practices of pressure on activists, including youth activists, after the events of August 2020, which have partially changed and intensified;
- And also the new tendency of the Belarusian regime in the post-election period of 2020-2021 to discredit independent civil society organizations, including youth organizations, and their activists in the state media as well as in the established propaganda Telegram channels.