YOUTH COOPERATION INITIATIVE 2016
Do you have a brilliant idea? Do you want to implement a project together with other young activists from another country? Join the Youth Cooperation Initiative, which creates a possibility for youth from different countries to realize ideas together.
- Themes: the project should cover any of the following themes: sustainability, youth perspective, non-discrimination, leadership, organisational development or advocacy.
- The implementers should be two youth NGO:s and/or NGO:s with organized youth groups, from two different countries (one from a country on the DAC-list).
- The applying organisation should be a member organization of LSU (Sweden) or a member organisation of LSU’s partners YETT (Zimbabwe), YAK (Kenya), YAP (Lebanon), Rada (Belarus) YCC (Cambodia), GOfor members, EYF (Egypt) or NYC (Burma). For contact information to the member organisations of LSU´s partners, please contact Sara Ekenbjörn ([email protected]). The other partner organisation does not need to be affiliated with these organisations.
- The majority of the project group should be younger than 30 years old.
- The project should be implemented between the 1st of June 2016 and the 1st of November 2016.
- The maximum budget for the project is 40.000 SEK (and can only cover costs directly linked to the project activities such as travel and administration costs and not salary).
- We reward projects where both organsiation are associated with one of: YAK, YAP, YCC, RADA, EYF, GOfor, YETT, NYC or LSU.
- We honors projects where there is a clear plan for how the cooperation can continue efter the completion of the project.
How to apply?
The application form together with a Letter of Intent (signed by each of the organizations’ signatories) should be sent to Sara Ekenbjörn [email protected] no later than the 15th of March 2016. The decision regarding which projects that will receive funding, will be communicated in April 2016. The implementation period is between the 1st of June 2016 and 1st of November 2016. (If agreed with LSU, it is possible to start the implementation period in May). The project should be reported before the 1st of December 2016.
Want to read about previous YCI projects?
Click on the names of the projects below: