Statement of the BNYC “RADA” regarding military aggression against Ukraine
We, the union of thirty two democratic youth organizations of Belarus, being created to consolidate youth organizations and initiatives of Belarus for representation, promotion and defending common interests, exercising the right to freedoms of association and other constitutional rights, represented by the Governing Body – the Board of “RADA”, make the following statement:
On 24 February 2022, the Russian Federation made a military intervention on Ukraine territory, which is a fundamental violation of the principle of territorial integrity and sovereignty of Ukraine. The Belarusian authorities who are providing their territory for military action against Ukraine are also violating the basic norms of international law and the norms of the Charter of the United Nations.
We condemn any acts of aggression against independent states as well as the provision of assistance by Belarus to aggressor countries. Such actions do not just violate the principles and norms of international law but also deteriorate international relations and the image of our country. In this context, we are against the involvement of the Belarusian side in this conflict on the side of the Russian Federation.
In this regard, we:
- Express our full support to the National Youth Council of Ukraine (NYCU), the Ukrainian people and everyone who is now on the territory of Ukraine;
- Demand from the authorities of the Russian Federation to stop the military aggression against Ukraine;
- Call on the authorities of the Russian Federation to stop direct military and hybrid aggression against the sovereignty of Ukraine;
- Demand from the authorities of the Republic of Belarus to immediately withdraw the Russian armed forces from the territory of Belarus;
- Call on the European Youth Forum, its Member Organisations and European youth to express solidarity with Ukraine and the National Youth Council of Ukraine;
- Call on the democratic International community to consolidate their actions to stop Russia’s military aggression against Ukraine.
Statement of the LSU (in Swedish)